Friday 26 June 2009

The way you make me feel






Ever since I got the news of Michael Jackson's tour, I was always on the look out for a ticket. It was a dream to see him in action. I am sure it's a dream of everybody who enjoyed 80's music.
But it was a dream which was never lived to be true.

I woke up this morning to the news of his death. The man who lived in a world far far away from me made my heart sink for a while.

Now, I am not a crazy fan of MJ. I don't have his posters on my walls, not even have a single CD of him with me. But we grew up with him as kids in 80's

When we learnt to dance as pumped up teens, we tried to moon walk. Desperately tried to sing his songs imitating his unique voice in vein. Not to mentions the phrases of his songs we quoted to decorate our sweet love letters back then.
As most of the stars overwhelmed by wealth and fame would do, he also went crazy. MJ I saw as a teen, was not there anymore when I became a grown man. Nevertheless his talent and creativity stayed true to his reputation.

He was the greatest entertainer in our time. There may have been better singers and better dancers. But nobody could mix both talents together to entertain us like he did.He was a real genius of what he was doing.No matter what people say and how crazy he is, nobody can take that away from him.

To me he was a great ambassador of our time and a real music legend. When people label him as the King of the Pop I agree with them 100%. Sold 65 millions of copies of Thriller and stayed under the spot light for 45 years, out of his 50 living years ! That is enough to justify that title.

Michael Jackson, This little note is to thank you for what you have done for music and to bid you farewell. May you rest in peace !


Listen to the words of the man who lost his childhood........

2 comments:

  1. Well said my dear Friend,it represents all kids of 80's. As for me, I am not even a great music fan but I knew all about Jacko's music.Even though I didn't embrace the culture it became part of our lives without even knowing.That's no surprise when you consider his 750 million records selling world wide.He epitomized what true musical talent and star power really mean. He is the ultimate pop star.I consider my self unlucky not to have seen you performing. By Bye Jacko, May you Rest in Real Peace.
    Prasanna Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids were looking forward for the supposedlconcert tour back in 2007, unfortuantely for some weird reason, it didn't push through, we're very upset. WE were so excited when we heard about "This is It" COncert, and crossing our finger that if he will perform here in New York, We are Definitely going to see him, my little daughter and my teenage son were all excited until we heard what heppened on that fateful day.
    Michael is the epitome of Talent and Grace, no one can ever replace him, he's a genius. But if you understood what he's been through, then you'll understand why he is what he is, he's so big that a lot of people can't comprehend and the easiest thing to do is to belittle him and call him jacko wacko, freak etcc.
    Face it, he's the greatest talent that walked the face of this Earth and no one, and i say NO ONE can top that!

    ReplyDelete