Saturday 7 March 2009

Aching Heart

Away from my people, away from my country my heart is aching. I go to bed thinking about my country and wake up every morning thinking about the same. To touch that dry soil, to smell the aroma of green leaves, to hear the  songs of  flowing streams.... or how I  love it. I would give anything to get away from this ever running world and get in to the womb of my beloved motherland back again. The most beautiful place in the world..... the one, the best....

Sri Lanka.....

Thats my country and where I belong.That is where my every single breath goes.

Circumstances dragged me into this part of the world  years back. I work here, eat here and sleep here. But I do not live here. 

Sri Lanka, that's where I live, at least in my heart.
Don't ask me why I don't go back if I so wanted to. I can't. Not now. But one day I will go back. Just the mere thought of going back brings joy into my heart.

I know I am not the only one. There are a lot of sons, husbands and fathers just like me. And a lot of daughters, wives and mothers as well . Living so close yet so far away from our countries.

I make this little note a tribute to all of them. If you think like me come and share your thoughts.....!

1 comment:

  1. Life is strange, we think we have a road map in life as we keep planning & work towards it but the reality is different....each step we take will give us different direction(s) some are good then we are happy & some can be bad then we are unhappy...but mostly mix as we are human, we make mix decisions...some times we make decision after considering
    Many choices /options ….sometimes decisions are made with less choices/options too…..
    What ever reasons/decisions made us go overseas be it for education , work , better life or any other reasons….we will always miss Sri lanka ….

    “Its always good to be BACK HOME “

    ReplyDelete